Jewellery sizing guide
Kirsten really wants you to be happy with your jewellery aims to make your shopping experience as simple as possible. To do this you should get your jewellery sizing as accurate as possible before you buy. Use the guide below to help you determine your ring and bangle size. However, this is only a guide, the most accurate way to measure your jewellery size is to visit your local jeweller.
Finding your ring size
The best time of day to measure your ring size is in the evening when your fingers are largest. Avoid measuring when you’re cold as your fingers can be at least half a size smaller.
Your ring should fit your finger comfortably; snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to just slide over your knuckle.
Buying a ring for someone else? The simplest way to find their ring size is to 'borrow' a ring they already wear (for the correct finger) and take it to your local jewellery who can determine the size.
Wider bands will have a slightly tighter fit and therefore less “give” for slipping over knuckles. Consider ordering half a size larger for bands 3mm or wider.
When in doubt go up half a size.
The most reliable and accurate way to measure your ring size is to have your finger measured by a jewellery. However there are a few things you can do at home to give you an idea of your size.
- Order a plastic ring sizer. Slip the sizer onto your finger and adjust it (like a belt) until you have a comfortable fit - snug enough so that it won’t fall off but loose enough to JUST slide over your knuckle. The size the arrow points to when you have a comfortable fit is your ring size. Keep the sizer and reuse it whenever you need to know your ring size.
- Carefully draw around the inside of the ring on a piece of paper and take this to your local jeweller who can determine the size.
- Use a printable ring sizing guide. Follow the instructions carefully and make sure that page scaling is set to "100%" on your print dialog box before you print. Download your free printable ring sizer.
For more information head over to Kirsten's blog all about finding your perfect ring size.
Finding your bangle size
Kirsten's bangles come in three sizes: Small, Medium and Large. To determine your bangle size you can measure the inside diameter of a bangle you already own and use the table below as a guide. Alternatively, you can measure your hand with a soft tape measure by following these steps:
- Bring your thumb and little finger together as if you were putting a bangle on
- Wrap a tape measure around your hand over the top knuckles nearest your wrist in the tape measure should be held tight.
- Make note of the circumference of your hand in mm
- Use the guide below to determine your size
Your hands may be different sizes so make sure you measure the hand you intend to wear the bangle on.
- S - Circumference 200mm
- M - Circumference 210mm
- L - Circumference 225mm
If you find your jewellery still does not fit please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and Kirsten will happily resize or exchange the item for you. The first resizing will only be subject to postal charges only, however, there will be a £30.00 fee (including postage) if it needs a further resizing.